Views
Helpful
Replies

Profiling Cisco Catalyst 9130AXI Series Unified Access Points

matty-boy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm working on an SDA deployment and I want to use ISE to profile the Cisco Catalyst 9130AXI Series Unified Access Points and push down the correct VLAN.

Should be simple enough, but these APs are being profiled as "Cisco-Switch" (for those that aren't aware, these new APs are actually running IOS XE!).

Has anyone here managed to get these to be profiled correctly as "Cisco-Access-Point"?

Thank in advance,

Matt.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
My advice would be to create your own AP profile with higher MCF than the default profile. Identify the attributes you wish to profile on and build out your new profile to match accordingly. HTH!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
My advice would be to create your own AP profile with higher MCF than the default profile. Identify the attributes you wish to profile on and build out your new profile to match accordingly. HTH!

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that. I was thinking the same thing.

Cheers,

Matt.

How do we automatically update the Profile Elements to include new devices?

You can use the Profiler Feed Service to receive updates for Cisco-provided elements. Cisco cannot keep up with all vendor devices, however, so it is common to have to create custom profiling elements for various new endpoints.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: