cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[Q] Whats the difference between BYOD Devices and Registered Devices?

pethomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Guys

I have a 2.1 ISE installation where we are trying to understand what is the difference between the BYOD Endpoints count on the Home -> Summary page and the count of Registered Devices in the End Point Identity Group (from Endpoint Identity Group List -> Registered Devices).

BYOD Devices - 45884

Registered Devices - 92966

As this installation purely serves a BYOD environment I would have thought we'd get a similar count. Any insights?

Thanks

Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

As name would imply, a BYOD device is one that has been through the NSP or My Devices Portal onboarding process.  It is possible to be assigned to RegisteredDevices group even without going through the NSP flow or MDP registration process.  It may also be the case that BYOD device was unregistered and not removed from RegisteredDevices group.

Craig

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

As name would imply, a BYOD device is one that has been through the NSP or My Devices Portal onboarding process.  It is possible to be assigned to RegisteredDevices group even without going through the NSP flow or MDP registration process.  It may also be the case that BYOD device was unregistered and not removed from RegisteredDevices group.

Craig

Thanks for the pointers Craig.

Cheers

Peter

thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: