cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on ISE machine account on Active Directory

smukai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a question on the ISE machine account that needs to be created on Active Directory: Why does it want ability to change its own password?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-3/ISE-ADIntegrationDoc/b_ISE-ADIntegration.html#reference_F19556CAD5C949B58DF89334E2C6255D

> Active Directory Account Permissions Required for Performing Various Operations

>  Cisco ISE Machine Accounts

>   * Ability to change own password

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is MS requirement. All machines joined to the domain are required to change its password periodically. I believe the default interval is per 90 days. Many think that the password is set by the AD server, but that is not the case, the password is generated from the machine and updated to the AD server which is why that permission is needed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is MS requirement. All machines joined to the domain are required to change its password periodically. I believe the default interval is per 90 days. Many think that the password is set by the AD server, but that is not the case, the password is generated from the machine and updated to the AD server which is why that permission is needed.

smukai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe this answers my question.  Thank you very much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: