Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restore and upgrade missing mails

Hi,

I restored config ACS and later we upgraded to 5.5 patch 11. Before doing this we received mails when backup and DataBase purge were done. But since we did this restore and upgraded from 5.5 patch8 to patch 11 we dont receive these mails. Where is this config done??? i checked the config and it looks fine. How can i know if these mails are being sent from ACS? Where in the config we configure this??? any advice??

thanks alot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jesus,

I am suspecting alert manager is not started properly .Could you please restart the 'view-alertmanager' (acs stop view-alertmanager ,acs start view-alertmanager) and check whether we are getting the alarms or not ?

Thanks

VenkataKrishna

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

vthaluru
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jesus,

We can configure the Email settings( Monitoring Configuration > System Configuration >Email Settings).Please check the GUI Email server is configured or not ?

Please check Email notification users list in the System alarm settings (Monitoring Configuration > System Configuration >     System Alarm Settings).

Upgrading to patch11 ,it will not remove the configurations . Please check whether those configurations available from GUI or not .

Thanks

VenkataKrishna

both of them are configured. I attach screenshots. 

Hi Jesus,

I am suspecting Purge job stopped running .Can you please check on scheduler page (Monitoring Configuration >     System Operations > Scheduler Status) ,whether DBPurge run on today or not ?

If it is running on today ,then click on purge now option from Removal and Backup (Monitoring Configuration >     System Operations >Data Management >Removal and Backup) ,check whether you are getting the alarms and emails or not ?

Thanks

VenkataKrishna

Hi,

Backups and datapurge were done last night correctly, but not mails were sent :(

Before doing restore and upgrade to patch 11 we saw in alarms->inbox about DBpurge everyday (database start puroing, database purge finished). But now in Alarms-inbox we dont see anything about datapurge events. It could be like we dont see any alarms about that the mails arent sent?

I attach the screenshots.

Hi Jesus,

I am suspecting alert manager is not started properly .Could you please restart the 'view-alertmanager' (acs stop view-alertmanager ,acs start view-alertmanager) and check whether we are getting the alarms or not ?

Thanks

VenkataKrishna

You were right. Thanks a lot for your support :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: