Views
Helpful
Replies

SF500 and posture suppport

dgaikwad
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Experts,
Is there any support for Cisco SF500 and Cisco ISE 2.4.
Since I do not see this switch listed in the compatibility matrix here

If it supported, then does it support, redirection, CoA and VLAN change via ISE posture profile.

Any pointer is much appreciated.a

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I don’t believe it’s up to ISE to list the support of all potential devices. Check the switch’s Admin/User Guide .

If the switch supports RADIUS then you’re half way there. Check if it supports COA (RFC3576). Dynamic VLAN assignment should also be pretty standard. 

Even if its RADIUS support does not conform to other Cisco devices, ISE can be configured to support custom attributes and even Custom Device Profiles.  

View solution in original post

@Arne Bier wrote:

I don’t believe it’s up to ISE to list the support of all potential devices. Check the switch’s Admin/User Guide .

If the switch supports RADIUS then you’re half way there. Check if it supports COA (RFC3576). Dynamic VLAN assignment should also be pretty standard. 

Even if its RADIUS support does not conform to other Cisco devices, ISE can be configured to support custom attributes and even Custom Device Profiles.  

Correct, Please use Does ISE support my Network Device

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

@Arne Bier wrote:

Correct, Please use Does ISE support my Network Device

Yes, understood. Integrating any other switch than the one listed in the matrix would require some more testing efforts from our end.
Just make sure that those NAD support either Radius CoA or SNMP CoA to start with.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: