Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 Compatibility with ISE 2.x

I've gone through the compatibility docs for all the 2.x releases for ISE.  I didn't see anything mentioned about the SG300 switch platforms (small business solutions).  I was looking into the feasibility of leveraging ISE for wired network connections through these devices and wanted to get opinions on it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SF/SG300 series is not currently Validated as part of our Cisco Identity Services Engine - Compatibility Information - Cisco by the ISE QA team. I have submitted a request to our QA team to Validate it with future releases.

According to the SG300 Model Comparison page, they all support RADIUS and most support 802.1X (Compliant Standards) and even ACLs. ISE can absolutely work with these switches but there may be limitations (802.1X, RADIUS CoA, dACLs, URL-redirections, etc) on the switch side.

You will need to ask the switching teams for any more details or just test it yourself in your lab.

Please report your findings back to us here for others to benefit!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SF/SG300 series is not currently Validated as part of our Cisco Identity Services Engine - Compatibility Information - Cisco by the ISE QA team. I have submitted a request to our QA team to Validate it with future releases.

According to the SG300 Model Comparison page, they all support RADIUS and most support 802.1X (Compliant Standards) and even ACLs. ISE can absolutely work with these switches but there may be limitations (802.1X, RADIUS CoA, dACLs, URL-redirections, etc) on the switch side.

You will need to ask the switching teams for any more details or just test it yourself in your lab.

Please report your findings back to us here for others to benefit!