cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Account Registration

adam.west
Level 1
Level 1

I have successfully moved licenses into my Smart Account and have been able to create the token to apply to my ISE 2.4 deployment.  However, I have been trying for 3+ days to get it to successfully register.  Enabling Smart Licensing registration goes through in a few seconds. However, applying the token and using Direct HTTPS connection - it fails to connect, and has since last Friday morning.  Is the Smart registration web sire broken?

7 Replies 7

paul
Level 10
Level 10

Are you sure your ISE admin nodes have access to the Internet?  There is no proxy/web auth in the way?

As a double check is your profiler feed service working?  That also requires Internet access. 

Test Result - Success

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
please make sure you also reach out to TAC to help troubleshoot

Odd - I didn't mark that solved. I will open a TAC case, of course - but no answer for this as of yet.

The correct solution is to troubleshoot with the TAC and update if they have more info

Others are still welcome to help if they ran into specific knowledge of such issues

Smart Licensing also requires ISE's Smart Call Home feature to work.   It might be worth running a tcpdump on the PAN to see whether you establish a TCP connection to that site (I forget what it is - I don't think it's tools.cisco.com ... it's another site).

Let us know how you get on - I have had endless hassles with this and it would be nice if it worked as intended.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: