cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Special requirements for CDP profiling?

blandrum
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have configured a profiling policy based on CDP Cache Platform "contains" and "starts with" criteria and the policy never matches.  I've confirmed that the endpoint details actually contain the information I'm looking for, and an endpoint debug reflects the CDP information being collected as well.  I am attaching a screenshot showing the profiling policy that was built, the popup covers the "index increases" value, but they're all set to 50.  The endpoint (second attachment) shows the attributes I'm looking for are attached to the endpoint record, but you can see it's matching on the default "Cisco Device" rule with a certainty factor of 20.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Brad,

Try making your profile policy a child of Cisco-Device instead of Cisco-IP-Phone and see how that works.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Brad,

Try making your profile policy a child of Cisco-Device instead of Cisco-IP-Phone and see how that works.

Regards,

-Tim

That appears to have fixed it. Can you give me the reasoning behind it?

Sent from my iPhone

Profiling polices are built on a hierarchy.  So in your case, the device matched Cisco-Device first because of the OUI but wasn't able to match the Cisco-IP-Phone policy which then prevented it from matching the custom policy you created because it was a child of Cisco-IP-Phone.  Have a look at the conditions in Cisco-IP-Phone policy and you'll see what I mean.  Glad that fixed the problem.

Regards,

-Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: