cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Splash page, WLC 4400 w/o ACS

arslatarikarsla
Level 1
Level 1

I am administrating a wireless network consisting of 11 APs, ASA 5510, WLC 4402 and Router 1760.

The network is sharing an internet connection to all guests without charge so I have no need for authorisation of guests.

I would like to implement a splash page that would be shown to all clients when they first connect. The splash page is suppoused have only the basic information about the provided service and no logon.

Is there a way to do this without purchasing an ACS?

Thank you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Federico Lovison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello!

Yes, if you don't need for authentication (which would require to define the users locally on the WLC or using an external RADIUS server.. as ACS), you can enable Web Auth Passthrough on the WLC directly.

Check this config example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a00809bdb5f.shtml

In any case, this thread should better go to the Wireless community if ACS is not involved.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Federico

--
If this answers your question please mark the question as "answered" and rate it, so other users can easily find it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Federico Lovison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello!

Yes, if you don't need for authentication (which would require to define the users locally on the WLC or using an external RADIUS server.. as ACS), you can enable Web Auth Passthrough on the WLC directly.

Check this config example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a00809bdb5f.shtml

In any case, this thread should better go to the Wireless community if ACS is not involved.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Federico

--
If this answers your question please mark the question as "answered" and rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Thank you Federico.

I will research your proposed solution further and also post this thread in the wireless section.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: