Views
Helpful
Replies

Supplicant doesn`t pop up on Win XP during authentication wth Cisco ISE

ToX1c1986
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I try to configure 802.1X authentication with Cisco ISE, Win XP SP3 and native supplicant.

Problem is that when workstation connects to the network, it uses  hostname as an username and sapplicant doesn`t pop up to ask me  username and password. Anybody know how to resolve this problem? Mb to  install some patch on Win XP?

Thank you!

BR,

Max

18 Replies 18

Tarik or anybody else have suggestions how to reloslve this problem?

Are you able to get your hands on a different machine to test? I think the russian settings is what is causing the confusion with me in order to understand the supplicant settings. I do not have my hands on an XP client but see if you can use both machine or user authentication and see if that changes your luck?

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Tarik, I will test authentication on XP machine a little bit later, but maybe I know what kind of problem is it.

Yesterday I tried authentication on Win 7 machine and authentication was fine, today authentication on Win 7 machine failed, because for test I was given machine with two NIC. XP machine, on which supplicant doesn`t pop up, also has two NIC. Probably the problem is with two NIC on one machine, do you know anything about this?

Tarik, authentication on XP machine with one NIC is fine. Thank you very much for help!