Views
Helpful
Replies

Support for VRF Aware HTTP Redirection for Guest/CPP

jupoole
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Trying to get Guest/CPP redirection working on a 3850 running 03.07.05.E. My .1x client VLAN is using a VRF and I can access the URL if I manually enter the redirect URL, I just cant get it to automatically redirect. I came across this from a previous discussion:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12751816/guest-separate-vrf-support-http-redirection-switch-vrf#comment-12098…

Seems like a known issue but even upgrading to 3.7.5 didn't resolve the issue. Anyone else seen this?

JP

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hariholla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The VRF aware URL redirection is fixed from 3.7(2)E via CSCuu28069

You need to have IBNS 2.0 configuration on the switch and the following commands are necessary:

parameter-map type webauth global

webauth-vrf-enabled

Hope this helps,

-Hari

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

hariholla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The VRF aware URL redirection is fixed from 3.7(2)E via CSCuu28069

You need to have IBNS 2.0 configuration on the switch and the following commands are necessary:

parameter-map type webauth global

webauth-vrf-enabled

Hope this helps,

-Hari

The document you included doesn’t mention anything about the VRF config. Please advise.

Related bugids but they all point to same requirement to allow for a local redirection without reliance on global routing table...

CSCsz61106  WebAuth fails to function correctly with VRF-based VLANS

CSCuq77696 ISE in a VRF - managed Services environment

CSCug97543  WebAuth fails to function correctly with VRF-based VLANS.

/Craig

At the time when that document was written, this issue wasn't resolved. You need the combination of the config in that document plus the two commands I have specified above for this to work. We will work on a composite guide some time in the near future.

Cheers!

-Hari