Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog in ACS 5.4

piyanin-iteco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have ACS 5.4 and the remote router cisco. I need to get syslog messages (in ACS) that generated with router.

I think that logs must be reflected in Monitoring and reports --> Reports --> Catalog --> Network device --> Network device log messages, but i see nothing there.

Here is my configuration on the router:

logging host 192..... transport udp port 20514

logging facility local5

logging trap informational

Anybody knows how i can get it?

Previously thanks a lot.

2 Replies 2

Anas Naqvi
Level 1
Level 1

aqjaved
Level 3
Level 3

The log messages can be contained in the logging categories  as described in this topic, or they can be contained in the logging  subcategories. You can configure each logging subcategory separately,  and its configuration does not affect the parent category.

In the ACS web interface, choose System  Administration > Configuration > Logging Categories > Global to view the hierarchical structure of the logging  categories and subcategories. In the web interface, choose Monitoring  and Reports > Catalog to run reports based on your  configured logging categories.

Each log message contains the  following information:

•Event code—A unique message code.

•Logging category—Identifies the  category to which a log message belongs.

•Severity level—Identifies the level  of severity for diagnostics. See Log  Message Severity Levels for more  information.

•Message class—Identifies  groups of messages of similar context, for example, RADIUS, policy, or  EAP-related context.

•Message text—Brief  English language explanatory text.

•Description—English  language text that describes log message reasons, troubleshooting  information (if applicable), and external links for more information.

•Failure reason  (optional)—Indicates whether a log message is associated with a failure  reason.

Passwords are not logged,  encrypted or not.

Please  check the below link for configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.4/user/guide/logging.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: