cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TACACS Command Authz on Cisco Small Business Switches: SG350 & SG500?

mattw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get command authorzation working with Cisco Small Business Switches (SG350 & SG500)?

It works fine with Catalyst switches using command sets in ISE and config like the below on the switches:

aaa authorization commands 15 VTY_authorization group ISE_TACACS none

However, on the SG switches, there is no option for "aaa authorization".

I know I can use TACACS profiles to allow admins to have level 15 access and read-only users to only have level 1 access but I was hoping individual command authorization might work on these.

I suspect the answer is that it can't be done but does anyone know for absolutely sure?

Many thanks in advance,

Matt.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks again @balaji.bandi. I too read the guide but it's not 100% clear.

I'm with you in that I believe this is a limitation of a Cisco small business switch rather than a full Enterprise level switch.

Cheers,

Matt.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to give access to Priv 15 and Limit the user to what command can only Authorised to use on that device.

This need to be done on Radius/TACACS side (in your case ISE)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for your response Balaji.

I am able to do this on a Catalyst switch with no issues at all.

The problem here is that the NADs are small business 'SG' switches which don't seem to support command authorization.

Do you know for sure that they do? Do you have a link or any sample config?

Thank you,

Matt.

Unfortunatly i do not any SMB Switches to test, i go with documentaion here : ( may be that is limitation enterprise vs SMB switches).

as per the admin guide check  : check page 332

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/administration_guide/78-19308-01.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks again @balaji.bandi. I too read the guide but it's not 100% clear.

I'm with you in that I believe this is a limitation of a Cisco small business switch rather than a full Enterprise level switch.

Cheers,

Matt.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: