cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TACACS License 2.3 to 2.4 with Smart Licensing

paul
Level 10
Level 10

The release notes say when you upgrade from 2.3 to 2.4 you are supposed to get 50 device admin license if your deployment is running device admin already.  I just upgraded a deployment that was doing smart licensing.  How is this supposed to happen?  Obviously, the upgrade process can't update the Smart license quantity.  Do I just send an email to Cisco licensing with the purchase order where the 2.3 device admin license was purchased?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe it depending on the PIDs. The legacy L-ISE-TACACS= entitles for 50 T+ nodes whereas the new L-ISE-TACACS-ND= for 1 T+ node each.

If the purchase is the legacy one, yes, please try contacting Cisco Licensing.

PS: Please do fill out the survey at Feedback on ISE Ordering Guide if not already done.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe it depending on the PIDs. The legacy L-ISE-TACACS= entitles for 50 T+ nodes whereas the new L-ISE-TACACS-ND= for 1 T+ node each.

If the purchase is the legacy one, yes, please try contacting Cisco Licensing.

PS: Please do fill out the survey at Feedback on ISE Ordering Guide if not already done.

I had the same scenario as Paul and initially after we had converted our 5 L-ISE-TACACS= licenses to Smart, it resulted in 5 licenses in the Smart Portal.  ISE 2.3/2.4 was consuming 1 per deployment.  We were compliant.  But when I had a look again today, I see that we have 250 licenses (5 * 50) - so that must be the desired state.  This seems to have happened automagically. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: