cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

test AAA tacacs legacy and new-code

Hi, 

For RADIUS, if we test with legacy (test aaa group radius username password legacy) old port numbers(1645/146) are verified. Whereas if replace legacy with new-code(test aaa group radius username password new-code), it tests newly assigned port numbers(1812/1813). That's what I understand at the beginning of my LAB practicals.

But I need your help to understand the reason for using legacy and new-code for the test of tacacs. 

Regards

Adwaita

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: test AAA tacacs legacy and new-code

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Highlighted
Beginner

I just corrected my question a little i.e. the reason for using legacy and new-code for the test of tacacs. I didn't find an answer anywhere i searched. Please help me out on it.
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

If your switch allowing both legacy and new-code used for T+, I do not think they working differently because new-code is meant to add DNIS or CLID from a user profile.