Views
Helpful
Replies

TLS + PEAP on ACS

radim0754
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I`d like to put one question here. In our production we use EAP-TLS for wired 802.1x (using ACS for authentication), however we`re about to change for PEAP. Is there any way that these two can coexist together on ACS until we completely remove TLS? Unfortunately we don`t have testing environment to test it and of course I`d like to avoid all user`s PCs not being able to authenticate.

Thank you,

Radim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Ramdin,

On ACS you can  enable both TLS and PEAP at the same-time. This will make both peap and tls machine connect successfully.

I am taking into consideration that you are not changing your certificate provider.

Regards,
~JG

Do rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Ramdin,

On ACS you can  enable both TLS and PEAP at the same-time. This will make both peap and tls machine connect successfully.

I am taking into consideration that you are not changing your certificate provider.

Regards,
~JG

Do rate helpful posts.

Hello JG,

Thank you very much for your answer. Could I please give you some more details tomorrow? Because there`s something I`m not sure about but I`m not able to explain that properly now cos I`m at home already. I remember we had some "similar" issue, I purposefully say similar as I don`t know if it`s really the same issue, but when applying two different authentications at the same time I think the PC was waiting for the "other one" and gave error saying that it (the correct one) is not available.....but please take into account that this information I just gave doesn`t have to be 100% correct, It`s only what I can remember.

Radim

Please take your time. I will review it tomorrow once I have updated info.

Regards,

~JG

Thank you,

I`ll gather more information tomorrow so that I can explain it more accurately.

Regards,

Radim