Views
Helpful
Replies

TLS v1.2 on Cisco ACS 5.7

slizarraga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is TLS v1.2 supported on Cisco ACS 5.7 virtual appliance?

If it is not, do you know were I can check it?

Thanks!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, ACS 5.7 doesn't support TLS v1.2

We have filed an enhancement request to support it.

CSCuu29920    ENH: Add TLS 1.2 support on ACS 5.X

Regards,

~ Jatin

~Jatin

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, ACS 5.7 doesn't support TLS v1.2

We have filed an enhancement request to support it.

CSCuu29920    ENH: Add TLS 1.2 support on ACS 5.X

Regards,

~ Jatin

~Jatin

Thanks!!

Hi Jatin,

Please how do i get the file enhancement CSCuu29920 to support TLS 1.2 on ACS 5.7.

Public view shows Status "Open", but I was told internally it was declined. Since ISE is near to feature parity with ACS, it (ACS) will be EOL soon (I would expect EOL notice this year). There seems to be no plans to implement any new features in ACS.

Thanks Tobias 

TLS 1.2 is supported in ACS 5.8 patch 4 which was posted to CCO yesterday and includes resolution of CSCuu29920

Yes, it is supported in ACS 5.8 and it works. BUT, we have some trouble when we made the upgrade, in the step of passing to patch 4. The services were working but the ACS was not accesible by GUI. We have to call Cisco TAC in order to get this resolved. This happened twice in 3 days, making the upgrade for 2 different ACS.

Thank you for updating! Can you please tell us some details about your problem and the solution TAC provided to you?

Was it just the management process which did not finish starting and you were told to restart it (we had this sometimes in the past during updates)?

Or was it more complicated?

Cisco TAC modified a database table, which was only accesible using the root password; which Cisco TAC didnt want to give to us. All the process took near 20 minutes. After the first upgrade they suggested us to call them if we have the same problem in the next upgrade, which happened 3 days later.

Sorry for late reply and thanks Tobias to pitch in.

The last date that Cisco Engineering may release any final software maintenance releases or bug fixes is end of 2017. However, looking at ISE development I don't think if work will be done to add support for TLS 1.2

~ Jatin

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: