Views
Helpful
Replies

TrustSec Lab or Pilot Building

AIN UL BADAR
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I'm trying to create a Lab for TrustSec so that it can be expanded into a Pilot site. Can someone please share with me a guide/document etc how to build the Lab in a step by step fashion. I found this Quick Start Guide, but it seems like this one has gone old, it doesn't cover newer IBNS 2.0 switch configurations or switches like 3850 or 9300s.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise-networks/trustsec/configuration-guide.pdf

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The TrustSec (Group-Based Segmentation) fundamentals in that document are still valid and there are no significant changes to the TrustSec configuration with IBNS 2.0.

If you're looking for current info on the NAC aspects (802.1x, MAB, etc), see the ISE Secure Wired Access Prescriptive Deployment Guide.

There are additional guides related to TrustSec on the Segmentation & Group-Based Policy Resources community page.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The TrustSec (Group-Based Segmentation) fundamentals in that document are still valid and there are no significant changes to the TrustSec configuration with IBNS 2.0.

If you're looking for current info on the NAC aspects (802.1x, MAB, etc), see the ISE Secure Wired Access Prescriptive Deployment Guide.

There are additional guides related to TrustSec on the Segmentation & Group-Based Policy Resources community page.

Thank you Greg for the quick response.

The TrustSec Group Based Segmentation that you are referring to, can you pls provide me the URL. I am not sure if you are referring to one of these or is it something else?

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 10.44.13 PM.png

The whole idea is to build the lab and take it to the next level.

Appreciate your help.

I was referring to the PDF document you referenced in your original post. The fundamentals of that document have not changed.

There are various documents available for different TrustSec use cases, so you would need to determine which of those meets your requirements and build your lab based on those concepts.

You might also have a look at the TrustSec lab videos available on Lab Minutes to see if they suit your requirements and use that topology as an example.

Sounds good. Thank you for your prompt response.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: