Views
Helpful
Replies

Trustsec manual propagation between FTD 2120 and Catalyst 2960X

jay3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, 

Please may you assist me on how I would propagate SGT's between my FTD 2120 and Catalyst 2960X in the segment I highlighted in the attached snippet.The 2960X switch is classifying the traffic and the FTD 2120 should be enforcing the SGT policy.The challenge in propagation is that the 2960X supports SXP and does not support in-line tagging and the FTD supports in-line tagging, pxGrid and does not support SXP.

Regards,

Jay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,
A couple of options that I can think of:-

Are you using ISE to classify and assign SGTs to the connected users on the 2960X switch? If so you can propagate these to the FTD using pxgrid.

Swapout the 2960X for a switch that does support inline tagging.

Alternatively put a ISR/ASR router between the 2960X and the FTD, peer the 2960X with the router to distribute the SGT bindings and then in-line tag from the router to the FTD.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,
A couple of options that I can think of:-

Are you using ISE to classify and assign SGTs to the connected users on the 2960X switch? If so you can propagate these to the FTD using pxgrid.

Swapout the 2960X for a switch that does support inline tagging.

Alternatively put a ISR/ASR router between the 2960X and the FTD, peer the 2960X with the router to distribute the SGT bindings and then in-line tag from the router to the FTD.

HTH

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.My environment does not have ISE at the moment so  i  used your second suggestion "Alternatively put a ISR/ASR router between the 2960X and the FTD, peer the 2960X with the router to distribute the SGT bindings and then in-line tag from the router to the FTD" and everything worked out fine.

Thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: