Views
Helpful
Replies

TrustSec, SGACL 3750-X

alexandremoreau
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm currently setting up a lab / PoC environment for one of my customer around TrustSec and SGACL.

The topology is pretty simple as the lab is composed of an access switch (2960-X) and a distribution switch (3750-X), connected to the customer's LAN.

The versions running on both devices are the following:

- C2960-X: 15.2(2) E2

- C3750-X: 15.2(4)E1

The aim of the PoC is also quite basic, as I want to restrict access from the PoC environment to the corporate network, by using SGT and SGACL filtering on the PoC distribution switch.

According to my investigation, the 3750-X is aware of the Tags assigned to the Guest PC (dynamically via an ISE policy) and to a server in the customer's Datacenter (statically assigned via mapping in the ISE console). It is also aware of the SGACL accordingly to the TrustSec policy matrix configured in the ISE console.

Despite of that, no traffic seems to be blocked by my policies, as I can still launch an RDP session from my Guest PC to my corporate server.

Could anybody have a look to my configs and outputs, and maybe give me some inputs to identify if I missed something into the configuration, of even in the way it should work ?

Thanks and Regards.

A.

3 Replies 3

aevans
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you manage to get this resolved? I am having a similar issue in my lab where the SGACLS seem to be ignored within the matrix but the default rule is being hit. I know this to be true as I have configured an SGACL to deny ICMP and permit the rest of the traffic. I have tested by changing this rule multiple times.

It looks to me like my tags are not being honoured within my network but I'm not sure why.

Cheers

Ant

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have no feedback yet that might help.

However, I am still in touch with Cisco TAC in parallel, so I hope I'll be able to get back to you with some answers.

Regards

Its been a while but did you ever get this fixed ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: