Views
Helpful
Replies

Type 9 password with common-criteria policy

owen2
Level 1
Level 1

HI Guys,

is there any way to set password type 9 that complies with the common-criteria policy on routers running ios 17

aaa common-criteria policy password-policy
min-length 8
max-length 25
numeric-count 1
upper-case 2
lower-case 2
special-case 1
char-changes 4

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@balaji.bandi 

thanks.

i found the solution.

username admin90 common-criteria-policy password-policy secret &1H&@0Nd28c7)*by72

wanted to set a password using type 9 and match the criteria.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as per i know common-criteria policy guide user on what kind of password to setup a combination of mentioned rules.

Type 9  - password will be encrypted when the router store it in Run/Start Files using scrypt as the hashing algorithm.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@balaji.bandi 

thanks.

i found the solution.

username admin90 common-criteria-policy password-policy secret &1H&@0Nd28c7)*by72

wanted to set a password using type 9 and match the criteria.

Glad you able to understand and resolve the issue, appreciated your feedback and marking as a solution.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

what are the commands to set the policy? The usual command of "aaa common-criteria policy PASSWORD_POLICY" doesnt work on a 9300 switch, running 17.09.04a. There doesn't seem to be a way to set password policies such as length and complexities? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: