cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UDI failure trying to install ISE 1.3 on UCS C220 M3s

shaun barrs
Level 1
Level 1

We have currently purchased a new Cisco UCS C220 M3S for the intension of installing ISE for lab purposes.

Below is the kit we ordered

UCSC-C220-M3S
Cisco UCS C220 M3 SFF without CPU mem HDD PCIe PSU w/rail kit
UCS-CPU-E5-2640
2.50 GHz E5-2640/95W 6C/15 MB Cache/DDR3
UCS-MR-1X082RY-A
8 GB DDR3-1600-MHz RDIMM/PC3-12800/dual
A03-D1TBSATA
1TB 6 Gb SATA 7.2K RPM SFF HDD/hot
CAB-9K12A-NA
Power Cord 125VAC 13A NEMA 5-15 Plug
UCSC-PSU-450W
450 W power supply for UCS C-Series Rack Servers
UCSC-PCIE-IRJ45
Intel i350 Quad Port 1 Gb Adapter
N20-BBLKD
UCS 2.5 inch HDD blanking panel
UCSC-HS-C220M3
Heat Sink for UCS C220 M3 Rack Server
UCSC-PCIF-01H
Half height PCIe filler for UCS
UCSC-PSU-BLKP

I have configured CIMC without a problem but when trying to install the ISE software I get UNSUPPORTED CISCO HARDWARE DETEDTED.

We are using the embedded MegaRaid controller which has been configured for raid 0. 

I have tried installing ISE version 1.1, 1.2 & 1.3

This is the first time I have setup an ISE and not really a Server guy, so any help in pointing me in where I'm going wrong would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Shaun

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shaun-

It looks like you guys purchased a generic Cisco UCS c220 server and not the specific Cisco SNS appliance designed for ISE/ACS/NAC:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/data_sheet_c78-726524.html

As a result, you are getting the error for the incompatible hardware. You can get around that error by installing VMware and then installing the ISE software in a virtual appliance. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shaun-

It looks like you guys purchased a generic Cisco UCS c220 server and not the specific Cisco SNS appliance designed for ISE/ACS/NAC:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/data_sheet_c78-726524.html

As a result, you are getting the error for the incompatible hardware. You can get around that error by installing VMware and then installing the ISE software in a virtual appliance. 

I hope this helps!

Thanks for your help guys :)

Looks like I will have to install VMware.

Thanks,

Shaun

No problem! Let us know how it goes! And if your problem is resolved, you should mark the thread as "answered" :)

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have SNS 3415/3495 with are ISE appliance .Cisco SNS is based on the Cisco UCS® C220 Rack Server and is configured specifically to support the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)/NAC/ACS.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-3/installation_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide13/b_ise_InstallationGuide12_chapter_011.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: