cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
ciscochik23
Beginner

Unable to register a secondary ACS 5.2 for replication to primary ACS.

Hello,

I hope someone can help me.  Currently, I have two Cisco ACS appliances and both are listed as PRIMARY.  The first ACS is running version 5.2.0.26 whereas the second ACS is running version 5.3.0.40. 

My original thought was to install the first ACS and have it act as PRIMARY and have it replicate its data to the SECONDARY ACS.  Somehow, after installation, both ACS' are now listed as PRIMARY.  When I go into the secondary ACS under Deployment Options to try and register it to the primary, I get the following error message:

"This System Failure Occurred.  Unable to authenticate with node.  Your changes have not been saved..."

Even if I try this from the primary ACS to register it to the secondary ACS, I get the same error message.  I have tried all passwords including the super user admin credentials, my admin credentials, and the credentials provided to SSH into the ACS' and to no avail. 

Reading online, I read there was a way to deregister a secondary ACS, but I don't have the option to add that server under the primary to "bump it down" to a secondary in hopes of registering it to the primary ACS.

If someone can give me any pointers, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thanks, and all have a wonderful day.

Y

15 REPLIES 15

Yvonne,

The software was released just a few days ago and I haven't seen any problem with it, however I usually don't recommend an upgrade to a new version unless you need this upgrade to fix an existing problem in your environment, it will be better to wait a few weeks more to confirmed that the version is stable.

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad

ISE Webinars

Miss a previous ISE webinar?
Never miss one again!

CiscoISE on YouTube