cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade ACS 5.4 to ACS 5.8

mercdecember
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently running a Cisco ACS 5.4 and am looking to upgrade to 5.8 so I can utilize the feature to schedule reports and send an email out.

I am aware that I would have to upgrade to either 5.5 or 5.6 first.

My concern is that we currently have customized reports that we manually run on 5.4 and I read on 1 forum that going from 5.4 to 5.6 some of the customized reports may not work or might actually be deleted.  Can anyone confirm that that is the case and if so, would I have to go from 5.4 to 5.5 to 5.6 to 5.8?

Also does anyone know if before the upgrade, if I can take a VMware snapshot before hand or is that not possible?

1 Reply 1

TIM JUDGE
Level 1
Level 1

In respect to the snapshot question, yes you can. I attempted an upgrade a few weeks ago from 5.6.3 to 5.8 and ran out of time in my change window so I reverted to the snapshot for all three ACS instances. I had to manually start them up again but it reverted with no problems (except you lose the recent log entries when you revert to the snapshot that have occured since the snapshot was taken)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: