Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from ISE from 2.4 to 2.7 TACACS License

jcardana
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

customer wants to upgrade ISE from 2.4 to 2.7 and also has the Single TACACS license in the 2.4 version,

right now it needs to  buy two more ISE Servers to distribute the TACACS load.

Do they need to buy more TACACS licenses for the two new ISE Servers? Or the single one that they have is enough?

From documentation I got the following Device Administration Licenses
From Cisco ISE, Release 2.4, the number of Device Administration licenses must be equal to the number of
device administration nodes (PSNs configured for the device administration service) in a deployment.
If you are currently using a Device Administration license and plan to upgrade to Release 2.4 or above,
TACACS+ features will be supported for 50 Device Administration nodes in Release 2.4 and above.

Thanks,

Joao Cardana

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is correct, you will need to open a licensing TAC for this.  To my knowledge, it is not an automated entitlement during the upgrade.  No it is not necessary, since you are coming from ISE 2.3, you are entitled to aforementioned 50 Device Admin licenses.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per my knowledge, you need additional License for new Server, if you looking to add 2 more ( apart from 1 existing).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,

sorry my mistake, customer is running 2.3.

customer is currently running ISE 2.3 and plan to upgrade to 2.7, the device admin licenses will be converted and be eligible for 50 PSNs. Is it correct?

But in parallel customer need to add two more PSNs nodes using ISE2.3 version and after the inclusion of these two PSN nodes, do the upgrade to 2.7, in this case is it necessary to buy the TACACS licenses for these two new nodes?

Thanks.

That is correct, you will need to open a licensing TAC for this.  To my knowledge, it is not an automated entitlement during the upgrade.  No it is not necessary, since you are coming from ISE 2.3, you are entitled to aforementioned 50 Device Admin licenses.

2.4 and above require 1 Device Admin license per PSN the Device Admin service is enabled on.  If you are upgrading from 2.3 or earlier, you are entitled to 50 Device Admin licenses (maximum number of PSNs in a deployment).