cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading from ACS to ISE on a SNS-3415

Johnny Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can someone tell me the SKU's, for a design BOM, that I need to migrate an existing SNS-3415 from ACS to ISE?  The ISE Ordering Guide, section 3.2, Migration Ordering Information, says to use SNS-3515-K9 with SW-3515-M-ISE-K9 but this seems more like a credit for going from an SNS-3415 to a SNS-3515 appliance, which is not what I'm looking for (not looking for a new SNS-3515 server).  Looking for the SKU configuration or combination to migrate from ACS to ISE (SW migration only) within the existing SNS-3415 appliance.

Could it be that I reading the ISE Ordering Guide wrong?  Can someone help me.  Need to turn this quote in by tomorrow.

Thank you. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonny,

Let me address a number of issues for you:

Service: Maintain the existing ACS service on the SNS-34xx platform. That is the long and the short of it.

Appliance Longevity: The SNS-34xx appliances are now going through the end of life process per the EoL Bulletin located here. The practical interpretation of the EoL Bulletin is the ISE 2.3 is the last feature release supporting that platform. However, we will be continuing forward with patches on ISE 2.3.

Migration: You will need to order migration PIDs mentioned in this EoL Bulletin. Those PIDs are order-able until November 30 according to the bulletin. Please do note that ACS counted network devices. ISE counts endpoints because it keeps track of the endpoint state.

Device Admin: Yes, you will need to order L-ISE-TACACS=

Appliance Sizing: A 3415 is sufficient for ISE with 100 endpoints.

Best Regards, Kevin

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

hslai, thank you but the link you provided doesn't answer my question.  There are no SKU's defined for upgrading to ISE on a SNS-3415.  The reason being is that the SNS-3515-K9 with SW-3515-M-ISE-K9 SKU combination outlined in the ISE Ordering Guide provides for a new SNS-3515 appliance and that's not what I'm looking for.  I want to stay on the SNS-3415 while upgrading to ISE. 

Appreciate if you can further help me.

Is below from Tal not answering your question?

If the customer has valid service agreement, you need to order only the ISE licenses, as the SNS is already covered.

please note that ISE needs secure boot while ACS doesn't support it, so before upgrading to ISE, you'll have to flash the BIOS.

Tal.

hslai, I have a few questons.  What are the SKU's to complete the migration on the SNS-3415?  Would these be it:

• For Device Admin:  L-ISE-TACACS=
  • ISE Base licenses:  L-ISE-BSE-100=

What is the SKU for ISE support?

Is there a migration from ACS to ISE SKU?

Help me out, please.  Never done a ACS to ISE migration design before.

I forwarded your inquiry to our PM team.

Thank you hslai, much appreciated! 

Jonny,

Let me address a number of issues for you:

Service: Maintain the existing ACS service on the SNS-34xx platform. That is the long and the short of it.

Appliance Longevity: The SNS-34xx appliances are now going through the end of life process per the EoL Bulletin located here. The practical interpretation of the EoL Bulletin is the ISE 2.3 is the last feature release supporting that platform. However, we will be continuing forward with patches on ISE 2.3.

Migration: You will need to order migration PIDs mentioned in this EoL Bulletin. Those PIDs are order-able until November 30 according to the bulletin. Please do note that ACS counted network devices. ISE counts endpoints because it keeps track of the endpoint state.

Device Admin: Yes, you will need to order L-ISE-TACACS=

Appliance Sizing: A 3415 is sufficient for ISE with 100 endpoints.

Best Regards, Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: