Views
Helpful
Replies

Use ACS 5.4 as an accounting server

naorelkayam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a pair of ACS appliances running 5.4.

I have a service that I want to send only the accounting information for logging purposes... No authentication is required.

Can I do that on ACS?

Thanks is advanced,

Naor.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cciesec2011
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, you can.  You just need to setup different AAA accounting tag/group on the network devices and pointing to the accounting to that server (in addition to the primary authentication/accounting server).

this is being done by Managed Service Providers (MSP) all the times.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

cciesec2011
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, you can.  You just need to setup different AAA accounting tag/group on the network devices and pointing to the accounting to that server (in addition to the primary authentication/accounting server).

this is being done by Managed Service Providers (MSP) all the times.

Hi,

This is some great news! Thanks!

Can you give some hints how can I configure the ACS to receive this messages?

Thanks!!!

Naor.

naorelkayam
Level 1
Level 1

Worked!

Configured the external device as a proxy RADIUS server and the messages stated to appear anded it.

Thanks!!

Marvin de Haas
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all, I am also working on a similar solution that the ACS needs to forward Accounting messages to an external RADIUS server for SSO purposes. So if I am correct the only thing to do is to configure the primary RADIUS server as a proxy RADIUS server and add the second RADIUS server to forward accounting information?

Or do I have to change the network devices (NAP) to forward Accounting requests to the second RADIUS server? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: