cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using AV-Pairs to add a description to a port based on the authenticated user?

SHANNON WYATT
Level 1
Level 1

I recently saw a Cisco demo of ISE with a customer and the Cisco SE was setting the port description to the logged in username (dot1x). I can't find any docs on doing this. I did find some old ACS docs that mention using an AV pair and sending aaa:suplicant-name in the result, but that isn't working. I'm trying this on a 3750. and using ISE.

4 Replies 4

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shannon,

What version of IOS do you have on 3750 and can we see "debug radius" from there to see what ISE is sending?

M.

jwmolenaar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Shannon,

Using the command "show aaa attribute" shows an attributed named "rm-port-description" on my switches.

Perphaps you can use this attribute for the requested functionality, but I suspect that it will also depend on your hardware/software version details.

J.W. Molenaar

Thanks for the suggestion. A former co-worker, now a Cisco SE told me to do it with a macro and assign the macro with the cisco-av-pair=auto-smart-port=dot1x-port-description (dot1x-port-description is the name I gave it). It isn't getting applied though.  Below is the macro:

User defined triggers

---------------------

Trigger Id: dot1x-port-description

Trigger description: dot1x-port-description

Trigger environment:

Trigger mapping function: {

if [[ $LINKUP == YES ]]

then  conf t

interface $INTERFACE

macro description $TRIGGER

description suplicant-name

exit

fi

if [[ $LINKUP == NO ]]

then  conf t

interface $INTERFACE

no macro description $TRIGGER

description dynamic 802.1X port

exit

fi

}

Hello! Did this configuration work for you? I'd like to add description with username to the running config after 802.1X authentication. But this config permanently adds - "desction supplicant-name", not "description {username}".

Thanks