Views
Helpful
Replies

valid characters for taccacs

locp
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have to pass a username under format  Abc - Fef - 123 ( CapA-b-c-space-dash-space-...) , wound it be a valid credential for ACS authentication ?

TIA, Loc

4 Replies 4

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you please tell me what would be network access device here because NX-OS doesn't work for a username has whitespaces. I guess on tacacs you should be able to create without any issues.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Jatin: Cisco 37xx,45xx,65xx running IOS, ASA 5585, ASR100x, and variety of others.

We do have Nexus5k,7k: so you are telling me it would fail ?

I do have issue even local ACS (code 5.x) account, using the above format for user name and it failed.

Remove the space do clear the issue.

Time to call TAC ?

Loc

Personally, I've never tried this in lab. Why, I am saying it for NX because I remember a case where it doesn't work for NX using local username with whitespaces. However, I could duplicate this issue on IOS/ASA by tomorrow same time.

If it's urgent and preventing you to login on network devices or there is a Go-Live date for a project than I'd suggest to approach TAC to get immediate assitance.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

Hi Locp,

Just wanted to update you and close this thread, I was able to test this in our lab today and it does work fine with spaces in username.

Here is a successful attempt from ACS/Tacacs logs.

Hope this helps.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: