cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vmware requirements for ACS 4.1.4

ebarba123
Level 1
Level 1

What are the VMware requirements to run ACS4.1.4?  Im trying to use a VM this as the migration server.  According to the cisco docs, it states that:

"ACS 4.1 has been tested on the VMWare ESX server with the following configuration:

VMWare ESX Server 3.0.0

16 GB of RAM

AMD Opteron Dual Core processor

300 GB hard drive

Four virtual machines

Windows 2003 Standard Edition

3 GB of RAM for the guest operating system"

I understand it will work as it "has been tested" with those specs, but the doc does not state the minimum requirements for the virtual machine.  I dont want to use/find 300GB of space if I only need 20GB(as an example) to make it work. 

2 Replies 2

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

The actual amount of hard drive space required  depends on several factors, including log file growth, and replication  or backup purposes. This is something we have not tested on vm

In non vm environment we need atleast 1 GB of free hard drive space minimum.

My guess 20 GB should be sufficient.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts!

20 GB of hard disk space on a VM will not work. Our ACS 4.2.1 crashed yesterday due to a lack of hard disk space. We had 20 GB of hard disk space configured and there was no free disk space, as a result the system stopped working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: