Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN ISE - corporate devices

edondurguti
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Is there a way to differentiate corporate assets (joined to domain, or certificate) on the VPN (ASA+ISE posture).

I have seen alot of people ask this question but no real answers.

The idea is that I want to allow specific access when AD users are on their corporate laptops vs on their personal devices.

thanks

20 Replies 20

Edon, when you have a chance, can you elaborate on what those technologies mean?

Thanks in advance!

To identify corporate assets I used AD probe, here is a link from Katherine: http://www.network-node.com/blog/2017/2/19/17-the-active-directory-probe she has some great material there. This only works for windows, for macOS my company uses Airwatch to manage macOS, so I integrated that.

Could you show a screenshot of the AuthZ policy?

This is what I currently have:

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 3.36.21 PM.png

I'm guessing I'll need another line that is like... Endpoints:LogicalProfile NOT-EQUALS to AD-Joined-Logical, that sends non-company machines to a different profile.

I'm guessing I'll also need to add some logic so MAC's get excluded from this.

Any good links or explanations on how the MDM works???

First off, your company would need to have some kind of MDM. here's a link for an example, she has a bit more on it, like BYOD and stuff. I've created a policy where it only checks if the device is in MDM (mobile device management - but we manage our MAC devices with it too) Example is Airwatch.

We use JAMF for the MAC side management. I'd be interested in to see how you integrated ISE with your MDM to check it's device inventory.

Did you have separate AuthZ policies for Windows and MAC?

The way I envision it is something like....

---------------------------------

OS=Windows

AND

Endpoints:LogicalProfile EQUALS to AD-Joined

Then assign a compliant profile.

OS=Windows

AND

Endpoints:LogicalProfile NOT-EQUALS to AD-Joined

Then assign a non-compliant profile.

OS=MAC

AND

Exists-in-MDM = TRUE

Then assign a compliant profile.

OS=MAC

AND

Exists-in-MDM NOT-EQUALS TRUE

Then assign a non-compliant profile.

Yes, but could be done more simple:
Endpoints:LogicalProfile EQUALS to AD-Joined = compliant-windows (macOS wont match this policy)
Exists-in-MDM = TRUE = compliant MAC  (windows wont match this policy)
all else = non-compliant profile
Looks like JAMF is supported by ISE:
https://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_us/products/security/technical-alliance-partners.html the way it works is that ISE accesses the MDM api, here's a thread: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/22145/cisco-ise-2-1-integration LEt me know once you get api access (create a local account on JAMF that has API access), then add it from Administration - network resources - external MDM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: