cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What does ISE policy look at for RadiusFlowType Wired802_1x

ryan14
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to authenticate a network device and see the Access-Request come into ISE but it isn't matching the correct policy. What value(s) does Normalized Radius RadiusFlowType equals Wired802_1x look at? I am assuming one of the Attribute Value Pairs? I have a Cisco switch that is sending the auth request to the correct policy in ISE but non-Cisco switch is not. I am wondering if the vendor switch isn't sending all of the required attributes? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello @ryan14 

The definitions of a normalised 802.1X are defined in the Network Device Profiles.

The key thing to remember is that when you add your NAS/NAD to ISE, you should select the vendor - if Cisco, then choose Cisco, if HP Switch, then choose HP etc. This then informs ISE what attributes to look for from those NAS authentications.

HPE.PNG

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello @ryan14 

The definitions of a normalised 802.1X are defined in the Network Device Profiles.

The key thing to remember is that when you add your NAS/NAD to ISE, you should select the vendor - if Cisco, then choose Cisco, if HP Switch, then choose HP etc. This then informs ISE what attributes to look for from those NAS authentications.

HPE.PNG

Thanks for leading me in the right direction. The other vendor isn't sending the Service-Type attribute, thus no match for the policy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: