cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where to find owner of device registered in mydevices?

networknoob
Level 1
Level 1

We are testing the mydevices portal to let students register their devices for use on wireless. When I search for my mac address I am testing with, I do see that it is in the correct endpoint group. However, I cant seem to find any owner info. There is a doc that explains adding a column of user within Administration > Identity Management > Endpoint Identity Groups 

I just have Mac address , Static Group Assignment , and Enpoint Profile

So the question is where do I find the owner of a device registered from the mydevices portal?

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This has been an oversight I've wrestled with on some recent deployments. As far as I can tell, none of the dynamic overviews let you see that information out of the box.

I was able to wrestle the Context Visibility section into kind of what you are asking by adding the column for Endpoint Group and then filtering for value "Registered Devices". Once you do that, the Username field should show the device's owner. You can also drill into those individual records by clicking on one.

Also, if you go into BYOD > Reports > Registered Endpoints report you will get (user) identity.

The data are all in ISE's database, so it seems one should be able to get it to report out - possibly via API? I have't opened that can of worms though.