cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Who responds in RADIUS

Felipe A. Amaya
Level 1
Level 1

I did a search prior to posting but I have a question, We are using ISE 2.3 and we have RADIUS configured on our NAD's mainly 4500's.  Who responds if you have two RADIUS policy nodes, is a multicast meaning does it go to both servers or is it in order so if I have ISE1 1st does it mean that ISE1 will always respond.  I have latency issues that I am trying to figure out what could be causing them.

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, If you have configured a aaa group with 2 radius server entries, the first radius server will be used until it is marked as dead (with the use of the dead timers). You could load balance by configuring the command "load-balance method least-outstanding....."

The RADIUS live logs on ISE would indicate which server is actually authenticating the users.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi, If you have configured a aaa group with 2 radius server entries, the first radius server will be used until it is marked as dead (with the use of the dead timers). You could load balance by configuring the command "load-balance method least-outstanding....."

The RADIUS live logs on ISE would indicate which server is actually authenticating the users.

HTH

Thanks for the answer I appreciate it.