Views
Helpful
Replies

Win10 Wireless wlan auto-config enable but authentication missing

KelvinT
Level 1
Level 1

ISE 3.2 patch 3

Windows 10 Wireless supplicant with wlan auto-config running but authentication missing.

Has anyone ran into the issue where the Windows 10 wireless supplicants auto-config services is running/auto but the authentication tab is missing?  The wired suppliants work fine as expected.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Wireless Adapter view is not quite the same as Wired - with wired adapters, the Authentication tab is always there if the Wired Auto service is running. But the wireless adapter only shows this when you are associated to an 802.1X SSID.

Have you tried creating a manual WLAN profile in Windows "Set up a new connection or network" in Control Panel?  

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Wireless Adapter view is not quite the same as Wired - with wired adapters, the Authentication tab is always there if the Wired Auto service is running. But the wireless adapter only shows this when you are associated to an 802.1X SSID.

Have you tried creating a manual WLAN profile in Windows "Set up a new connection or network" in Control Panel?  

KelvinT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Arne,

Thanks for your fast respond.

You are correct.  You reminded me how wireless works.  It's been a minute since I deployed ISE for wireless and forgotten about that.  Most of my client only want wired.

So yes, within the SSID configuration when choosing WPA2 enterprise...drilling down, you will find the 802.1x security option that is found in the "authentication" tab off the wired side.

Equally important is the GPO configuration of the SSID is also where you configure the 802.1x with WPA2 (or 3) Enterprise.

Thanks again Arne