cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Would like to upgrade to ACS 3.3

ggladney
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to upgrade my ACS software 3.3.2. I have the distribution but according to the release notes I need to be at 3.0.4, and my software is at 3.0.1. I looked on the WEB for earlier version but didn't see it. Don't know what happened to the earlier versions. Can someone tell how I can obtain an imtermediate version so I can upgrade my software to 3.3.2 or is the release notes in error.

Thanks,

Gary

3 Replies 3

sstudsdahl
Level 4
Level 4

Gary,

If you have your ACS software covered under a SMARTNet maintenance contract, you can go to http://www.cisco.com/upgrade where you can enter your contract number and request a copy to upgrade to version 3.0.4. If you don't have the support contract, I would expect the reseller that you work through will be able to help you out with the upgrade to 3.0.4 as part of the upgrade package to 3.3.2.

HTH

Steve

Steve,

Do you if it's a fact that I have to install 3.0.4 first?

Thanks,

Gary

Gary,

I can not say with certainty if you have to upgrade to version 3.0.4 first, but since the release notes make that statement I would tend to believe that it is a hard requirement. I believe in that past I have run into an issue such as this and was told the reason for the interim upgrade process was a change in the format of the ACS database that the interim upgrade version made.

Your reseller should be able to answer this with certainty, but I expect the answer will be that you have to do the interim upgrade.

Steve