cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Juan Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello everyone,

I have had several Service Request at TAC where the customers with ISR4300 or ISR4400 are unable to copy the IOS-XE code over TFTP and they will be receiving a time out for the connection.

After 3 hours trying with different terminal software and different PCs, magically I did recall of a command I have seen before but I did not know what the command was good for.

Finally, I did try the command and the TFTP connection came up and we were able to load the IOS-XE image into the router's flash. The command is:

ip tftp source-interface <interfaceID>

After executing that command from the conf t mode, the file was transferred and the boot statement was changed. The commands are as follows:

no system boot
boot system bootflash:isr4300-universalk9.03.16.01a.S.155-3.S1a-ext.SPA.bin

*** Always use bootflash: since the system will not boot from flash: as the other routers will do.

In resume the whole thing should be as follows:

ISR4300(config)#ip tftp source-interface  Loopback1

ISR4300#copy tftp: flash:isr4300-universalk9.03.16.01a.S.155-3.S1a-ext.SPA.bin

ISR4300(config)#no  boot system

ISR4300(config)#boot system bootflash:isr4300-universalk9.03.16.01a.S.155-3.S1a-ext.SPA.bin

ISR4300#write mem

ISR4300#show run | inc boot    --> this one just to make sure you have the right code loaded on.

ISR4300#reload

I hope this can save you time when upgrade the IOS code on an ISR4300 or ISR4400.

Cheers,

Juan J Leon H.

Cisco TAC Engineer 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: