Views
Helpful
Replies

2 VLAN´s with 2 DCHP Relay

ngomes.estin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How can I configure on Cisco SG300 Multiple DHCP Relay to different Vlan´s ?

I have to 2 Vlan´s " 2, 50 " and what to configure different DHCP relay to each vlan´s, vlan2 - DHCP relay ip 192.168.1.9 and vlan 50 - DHCP relay ip 192.168.50.10 .

How can I do this ?

Thank you

4 Replies 4

chris noon
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can do this by following the below article:

http://9to5it.com/cisco-sg300-configure-dhcp-relay-to-allow-dhcp-server-to-support-multiple-subnets/

Add 2 DHCP relay agents one for each VLAN and then on each VLAN link to the correct relay agent.

On this article , we can add a dhcp relay to vlan. But on my network I already have this but now I want add a seconf dhcp server on a diferent VLAN.

Thanks for your help .

It seems you can only configure one DHCP helper address on the SG300.  If this is the case then you can configure the DHCP helper address and apply it to all VLANs.  Then configure IP addresses on the VLAN interfaces themselves, typically ending in .1 or .254 on the SG300.  This will make sure the VLAN hosts will receive the correct IP addresses.

Alternatively you can get your SG300 to be the DHCP server for each VLAN.  Do this by creating the DHCP scopes on the sG300 and then applying the respective pools to the VLAN interfaces.

Hi Chris,

I tried the command that I received by email and it gives the following error :

% missing mandatory parameter

Any ideias ?

Thank you