Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I have configured ip flow top talkers on 2960X switch like below 

ip flow-top-talkers

top 10

sort by bytes

cache timeout 60000

And ingress/egress is applied to ports. But when i want to see the output...i get always CACHE IS EMPTY.

CEF is enabled. Above commands works perfectly on 871 router.

IOS version is c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-6.E1.bin

Please suggest whatelse needs to do to get it work.

Regards,

Faizan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Honestly, I searched in the feature navigator and the full command reference for 2960X but I couldn't find the support for that commands, the 2960X only supports Netflow Lite since 15.2(2)E, you could configure it and use a collector like PRTG (free until 100 sensors) in order to see the top-talkers, top-connections and top-protocols from your connections. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960x/software/15-2_5_e/command_reference/b_1525e_consolidated_2960x_cr/b_1525e_consolidated_2960x_cr_chapter_0101.html

Please do not forget to rate useful post, this motivates us to continue participating in the community.

Best Regards, 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello estimated!

Did you use this command "ip route-cache flow" in the same interfaces you are using the ip flow ingress and egress commands? Try this way and let me know If this could help you.

Please do not forget to rate useful post.

Best Regards,

Hi Diana, 

Yes i did..please find the attached output for your reference...

Still same result "Cache is empty"

BR,

Faizan

Can you provide your "show ver" output?

Best Regards,

Honestly, I searched in the feature navigator and the full command reference for 2960X but I couldn't find the support for that commands, the 2960X only supports Netflow Lite since 15.2(2)E, you could configure it and use a collector like PRTG (free until 100 sensors) in order to see the top-talkers, top-connections and top-protocols from your connections. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960x/software/15-2_5_e/command_reference/b_1525e_consolidated_2960x_cr/b_1525e_consolidated_2960x_cr_chapter_0101.html

Please do not forget to rate useful post, this motivates us to continue participating in the community.

Best Regards, 

Please find the attached output for sh ver.

Other than 2960x and 3560, on which layer 3 switch can i configure top talker for testing ??

I think you can run the Top-talkers in a 3750 with IP Services image.

Best Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco