cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3rd party network monitoring tools

JMCNEL
Level 4
Level 4

Im doing research on network monitoring tools. What are you guys using and are you happy with the features. What is the feature you most like and use about the product you are using. Prime is not an option due to the price tag. 

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I use NAGIOS (free version) for extensive network monitoring. But although I heavily tailored it  to our network (monitoring backbone, redundant links, and much more); this requires lots of manual work by using the check_snmp plugin. Of course if you compare to Prime, there will be much more automatic alarming ; and also configuration archiving, software updates, ....   - All of this not available in 'external' monitoring tools.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank you for your response. We cannot afford PRIME and is looking for an alternative. We have solarwinds but their support is not that great on the product. (NPM / NCM / NTA) -Before renewing this I am wondering if there is perhaps a better product out there. So hopefully someone out here in the community is using a great 3rd party product that they are really happy with and that the support on the product is great

Hi,

We use solarwinds monitoring tool. Their support has been okay so far. Being quite a robust solution, repeated issues of slowness is often noticed on the application.

Currently running a POC on prtg and scrutinizer. You could try that. The only drawback might be that it's not en suite like solarwinds that has NCM,NPM,NTA ETC ensuite. So far the support on scrutinizer has been great, has Netflow and Performance management capabilities. It can also be integrated with solarwinds and prtg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: