Views
Helpful
Replies

5596 Nexus Inventory collection failure when added to Prime 3.1.3

kirti1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been trying to add 5596 Nexus devices to Prime 3.1.

I tried with two different devices running ver 7.0 and got a collection failure.

Since then I've upgraded to 3.1.3 and restarted Prime services, tried with snmp v2c and v3, re-added entries but to no effect.

SNMP credential's verification is successful on Prime so I don't suspect an SNMP reachability problem. Screenshot attached.

I then tried with a third device and got a Partial Failure this time. Screenshot attached.

The failed features are:

1) IFM Feature foe Ether channels in Nexus

2) feature_nexus_vPC

From inventory.log:

ERROR inventory - Exception executing function [etherChannel_nexus]etherChannel runId 2919 i
n time 1413 hook time 0 deviceId: 26255230; CredentialId: 26255230; ManagementIP: <IP>
2016-10-31 12:34:45,680 [XDE ThreadPool 5] ERROR inventory - Exception Stack: com.cisco.nm.pal.client.PALException: <palError><deviceId
>26255230</deviceId><code>HANDLER_ERROR</code><itemLocation>[etherChannel_nexus]etherChannel.xpa/etherChannel/etherChannel.par@Rule0/Ha
ndlerChain/Handler2</itemLocation><message>Command returned an error : defaultError</message><handlerCode>ERROR_CONFIG</handlerCode><er
rorMatchingOutput><![CDATA[^

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kirti

2 Replies 2

kirti1234
Level 1
Level 1

Resolved after installing Device Pack 5!

Kirti

Can you share me link of devicepack 5 and details of it.