Helpful
Replies

Accessing Syslog on LMS 3.0.1

dmistry21
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Hopefully quite a straight forward question

Is there a way of viewing the syslog through the LMS portal as opposed to viewing the syslog directly from within \NMSroot\CSCOpx\log ?

Many Thanks

7 Replies 7

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

If I undestand your problem description, you want to view the syslog messages on the LMS portal and not from RME > Report > Report Generator > Syslog.

Kindly correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Gaganjeet

Hi Gaganjeet

Thanks for the response and apologies i've just had the chance to check this and yes you are correct I want to access it from the LMS Portal.

If I do try to access it from RME > Report > Report Generator > Syslog I get the following error message:

‘License Server / Daemon Manager is down. Please check license.log for more information’

This is also the same error message if I try to access from Tools -> syslog

Also do you know how many ways you can access the syslog rather than viewing the raw file from \NMSRoot\CSCOpx\log ?

Many Thanks

Hi,

Kindly send me the following to troubleshoot this issue further

1> What is the platform of CiscoWorks Server - Windows \ Solaris

2> Share the screenshot of Common Services > Software Center > Software Update

3> License.log from location :- CSCOpx\log

4> Stdout.log from CSCOpx\MDC\Tomcat\Logs

5> pdshow output

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi Gaganjeet

The server is running on Windows 2003 R2.

I've attached the files as requested.

Many Thanks

Hi,

I am not able to view the zip files . Its seems that they are corrupted. Kindly uplaod them again into single zip operation.

Thanks

Gaganjeet

Hi

Try number 2

Hi,

So far all logs look good except from the stdout.log, i found the exception :-

Local Server URL :https://ctrsyscem01:443
[Thu Apr 21 09:55:45 GMT 2011]CsAuthServlet.getRole(): User 'sirad' not found, returning role 'HD

HD means = help desk role

Is the LMS server is integrated with ACS and if yes what is the status of LMS- ACS integration. Kindly share the screenshot of Common Services > Home to see if the ACS is showing up in Green colour or Red. Red means LMS - ACS integration is broken.

The best thing I will suggest you to upgrade to LMS 3.2 which is free for all the customer running LMS 3.0 \ LMS 3.0.l \ LMS 3.1. You can direcly upgarde to LMS 3.2 by downloading the evaluation version from www.cisco.com\go\lms Under the featured contents tab.

However, if you still want to troubeshoot this issue at LMS 3.0.1, then kindly enable the debugging for License Server from Common Services > Server > Admin > CS Log Configuration > select Licensing > Enable.

Reproduce the issue again and send the following logs from the location  CSCOpx\log :-

License.log.

Its higly recommended that you should upgrade to LMS 3.2.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco