cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI l3out module for Ansible

sandevsingh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks, we are trying to use Ansible to automate/script many of the common ACI tasks. One use case is creating a L3out. There is an ansible module called "aci_l3out" which helps create the l3out config, BUT it does not carry with it the other sub-configurations like logical node profiles, assigning router id to the nodes, logical interface profiles... and few more. 

How are you supposed to do the full l3out config without all of these sub/child configs? I tried finding modules for them under ansible docs, but was not successful. 

Please advise?? 

3 Replies 3

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@sandevsingh wrote:

How are you supposed to do the full l3out config without all of these sub/child configs?

Hi 
Contribute to the community and write the modules yourself :)

Put your requirements in a python script and call the script

hi, everyone dosen`t know python, that`s why those modules exist. Anyways I will do it with aci_rest module. 

Hi .. as long as you can get it done :) 

"everyone dosen`t know python, that`s why those modules exist." 

I always thought the modules existed to speed up coding and avoid duplication. You gave me another perspective. cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: