cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After Update Cisco Prime Infrastructure from 1.3 to 2.0 imported floor plans has black background

Ralf Boehm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

we have updated cisco prime infrastructure from 1.3 to 2.0. When we now import a floor plan (autocad-file, dwg-format), the background from finally image, that is show in prime, is black. Previous imported floor planes has a white background. We also tried to import a previous imported floor plan again, the background is now black. Is there a possibilty to change the background to white? Thanks

7 Replies 7

Toni Kivivuori
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I bumped into this issue with fresh installation of PI 2.0. All imported autocad images are black. Same images are fine on PI 1.3.

Any ideas?

/Toni

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

CAD file format must be AutoCAD version 2010 or earlier. Before you save a CAD file, ensure the following:

#

Zoom images to maximum.

#

Remove    unwanted layers from the CAD files, that is, layers that add    unnecessary artifacts to CAD files and layers that do not provide    significant information about the image on the CAD files.

Hello,

thank you for your answer. I will try this.

Hi,

Done that already. What I see is that importing same Autocad file to PI1.3, everything is fine. With PI2.0, I need to save image to Autocad2009 format (newer format is OK for PI1.3). Even with this, I have black background. The Autocad file does have white backgound and this has been verified with DWG viewer also (on different machine). Don't know why PI2.0 want's to show it black..

As a bonus, with PI2.0, there is red watermarking on imported images "For Demonstration purposes only - Tailor Made Software"

So, has something changed on PI2.0 related to handling of Autocad images.. ?

/Toni

Hi,

Look no further, these issues are related to know bugs. It seems that autocad files have multiple issues with PI 2.0, Only feasible way is to convert them to JPGs and import them. Lets hope these will get fixed to the level they where at PI 1.3.

CSCuj63017, PI 2.0 dwg(AutoCAD file) import reports Tailormade is for Demo use only

Symptom:
When dwg files are imported to Prime Infrastructure, they report
"For Demonstration Purposes only
Tailor made software"
Conditions:
Prime Infrastructure - 2.0.0.0.294
Use of dwg (Auto cad) files
Workaround:
None at this time
Further Problem Description:

CSCuj94500, Loading DWG floor maps on PI 2.0 appears in black background

Symptom:
On PI 2.0 when we try to import autoCAD .dwg file to map, the map appears in black background.
Conditions:
On PI 2.0 when we try to import autoCAD .dwg file to map
Workaround:
use 3rd party tool like Draftsight or AutoCAD Trueview to change the file to .jpg and import again to PI, after that the map appear in white background in PI 2.0.
Further Problem Description:
However, the same .dwg file when we imported it to PI 1.3 appear in map with white background.

Thanks for doing the digging Toni.

We are hitting this same problem, and unfortunately,  converting them to JPEG is undesirable as we have to be able to read the  text on the image.  I filed a TAC case if for nothing more than to add  another affected customer.

Hi Rich,

Good to hear that this did help. I also considered opening TAC case for this, but had no time to do that as our go-live date was too close.. We did use JPEG's with 6k x 6k and 8k x 8k with good results. We also had to change the line width to get more contrast to the pictures, but that was quite easy to do.

/Toni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: