cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM PnP Support For Cat9500

casanavep
Level 3
Level 3

Will Cisco be adding APIC-EM PnP support for C9500-32C and C9500-48Y4C, the higher end Cat9500 switches?

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per my experience we have tested Cat 9300, But i do see option for 9500 (but not tested, device yet to come to site to test soon)

as per APIC-EM 1.6X it support 9500.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Plug-and-Play/release/notes/pnp-release-notes16.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The crowd-sourcing development of APIC-EM has been discontinued since 2016.
APIC-EM has been replaced with DNAC and DNAC will support everything: 9200, 9300, 9400, 9500 & 9600.

So Leo, Cisco will no longer have a free tool for PnP? I see they added
limited 9500 support last year, just not the higher end models.

@casanavep wrote:
So Leo, Cisco will no longer have a free tool for PnP? 

None.

Leo,

I am trying to use DNA-C similar to how I previously utilized APIC-EM.  Is there no way to externally mass generate templated configs and push them to DNA-C for PnP as we had in APIC-EM, similar to the API create project, API push configs, then API add devices attached to uploaded configs?  It seems that DNA-C is actually less functional when it comes to PnP or am I missing something?  Thanks for the inside knowledge.

Pete

@casanavep wrote:

It seems that DNA-C is actually less functional when it comes to PnP or am I missing something?

DNAC is a "work in progress".  Customers are encouraged to put the product into production so bugs can be identified and fixed.  If customers find features missing or wanting, fill in the Feedback or "wish list".  

----- Deleted this one after a better understanding of new DNA-C methods for bulk PnP device implementation -----

Leo,

One good news story I missed, is an ability to add devices and define bulk variable objects via CSV. This seems to fill the gap of doing bulk device creation in DNA-C.  Sorry that I didn't see this before this morning!  I actually like CSV method more, which I believe I talked to you about previously on another thread.  This was lacking on APIC-EM, which made it hard to use templates for bulk device implementations.  Thanks as usually for helping me understand these products.

Pete

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: