cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APs disappear from Prime 3.4

RahmaSallm
Level 1
Level 1

A general question: When access points are removed from a site, they disappear of course from the WLC but do they disappear from the maps in Prime too?

My customer is complaining that their Prime 3.4 removes APs from maps if it doesn't see them for a month. It sound logical but his argument is that it didn't happen before. They would like to have the old maps with the old placement of APs as it is in Prime even after they have been removed.

Was this something available in earlier versions of Prime?

6 Replies 6

jlhainy
Level 2
Level 2

It's true, it didn't happen before and I wouldn't want it to happen now.  Usually, when an Ap is down or is removed from the controller, Prime is supposed to show the AP as down and turn the AP icon red on the map.  I wouldn't want it to be removed from the map, because the map shows where the AP is at, down or not.

Thank you for your reply.

So, this is a new bug in 3.4? Are there certain things that I must check in Prime? For example, certain jobs?

I am running 3.1 right now.  looking to upgrade to 3.5.  I will have to test this to see what happens.

Looking forward to hearing from you after your upgrade

So, I am running a 3.1 VM and a 3.5 VM, side by side to compare.  In 3.5, I actually have two wireless site maps features.  One appears to be the same thing that is in 3.1, the other is a newer view of the maps.  The old site maps view says "deprecated" so I am guessing that they are phasing that out.  The first question I have is do you have the same thing in 3.4?

The icons representing the APs have changed from 3.1 to 3.5.  The icons show the individual radios, which is kind of cool.  I am looking at a map where I know that there is an AP down and it is still on my map.  The icon is red and when I hover over it, it says its disassociated from the controller, exactly as I would expect.  

You case of a disappearing AP may indeed be a 3.4 thing.  But that would give me reason to skip 3.4 and upgrade to 3.5.

StefanH1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello RahmaSallm,

have you been able to find the reason for the disappearing APs?

Currently facing the same behavior with our customer running PI 3.4 but still can't find any related bug or fix for this issues.

Wondering if its actually a problem specifically with 3.4 and if an update will fix it.

Best regards