cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Archive Parameters

john.dejesus
Level 1
Level 1

I am using archive tool to backup my config every month. And I was wondering if its possible to edit the time separator? If I use this tftp://10.10.0.20/$h-$t-config. I am getting an error "TFTP: error code 0 received - Bailing out to bad characters in filename: "ORIENT27F-NOCSW01-3550-Apr--9-09:55:53-config-1". The tftp server that I'm currently using is a windows server, so the ":" is not valid to be a part of a filename in windows system. My plan is to replace ":" to something else like "-".

3 Replies 3

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According to this thread (https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2092066) from last year, you might be able to get away with just "path tftp://10.10.0.20/$h-config" (i.e., without the $t) since "the archive code now always inserts the timestamp", which conveniently comes out in "...Jul--1-18-48-20.suffix-#" format that should keep Windows (or Mac OS) happy.

the time stamp won't show up, if i don't include the $t.

That's not surprising. That's why I hedged with "might", because it's probably a "feature" in newer IOS, while there's no IOS version to go on in this thread.