cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Are differences in the Startup/Running configs stored somewhere?

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

When running a report of startup/running config diffs, a report showing the device name, startup, diff and running appears. However, when saving this to a csv file, the diffs aren't saved. Are the diffs stored in a file somewhere or can they be seen in one of the dbreader tables?

5 Replies 5

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

Can you try doing a config update in the config management .

This is what I'm trying to do - There are several hundred devices that show up in the Startup/Running out of Sync report. I'm trying to get a report of each device name and what is out of sync. The startup/running report shows the hostname, startup and the running on one screen. However, the differences are not on the same screen...you have to drill down on the diff column to see the differences.

Going through several hundred devices, finding the differences, copying and pasting is quiet painful.

I'm aware that commands like no scheduler allocate and a few other things can go into a file so the

application will ingore those dynamic type commands.

I'm hoping this information is stored in a file or the dbreader somewhere so I don't have to go through all of the devices individually, note the change then determine what needs to be entered into the file to be overlooked.

Tomorrow, I'll try to select the devices that are out of sync and try doing a config update to see if these devices will no longer appear in this report. I have a sneaky suspicion I'll need to go through all of the differences, determine what commands needs to be added to the file to be ignored, add certain commands to the file (I don't remember the name or where it's at but know it exists) and probably have to do write mems on a bunch of the devices.

I believe you are referring to this file:

/opt/CSCOpx/objects/cmf/data/CommandExcludesIos.ini

Great...

No where can I get the config diffs? A file? Dbreader? or are they accessible anywhere?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card