cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 Lost ICMP and ASDM Launcher, but ASA is still working?

ZylawyStephen
Level 1
Level 1

I am not quite sure how this happened or as to why.

I was logged into our ASA 5505 via ASDM-IDM Launcher (everything was working) and when I tried to update a change later on today it was unable to send the request. I tried to ping the device and the request timed out. The internet is still working, the VPN connections are still up. But I cannot connect into it anymore.

Is there any reason for this?

4 Replies 4

ZylawyStephen
Level 1
Level 1

So now it is randomly up. (approx 30 minutes of being unreachable) Is there a command to check the logs to see the reason for the lock out or why this happened?

This still seems to randomly occure. does anyone have any idea what is going on? Or how I can find out why it locks me out every now and then?

ZylawyStephen
Level 1
Level 1

So now I cannot ping, telnet or get to the router via ASDM. No changes were made to the router or the ACL list. VPN and internet connections are fine. Any help would be preferred. I will be rebooting the device to see if this helps. but I would like to figureout why or what is going on.

Can anyone tell me where to look in order to troubleshoot this issue?

Rebooted the router, Everything worked for about 24 hours.

Router is still working, VPN connections are still active, internet still works, etc...

I am logged into the ASDM launcher, I can see the traffic and system resources status, but when I try to go into Monitoring > VPN Statistics > Sessions, it loads up to 72% then I get an error "ASDM is temporarily unable to contact the firewall"

Is there a way to see what is causing that error, or to get more information on that error?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: