Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5506-X, FirePower, can't change system policy

sharlino
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!
I have an ASA5506X with FirePower, version 6.2.2.1 (Build 73). I can't change the Default System Policy. I have got the Invalid object type error (see attached screenshot).
Does anybody have an idea what causes of this error ?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Is this interface browser based  ? If so could you try another browser ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks for your input marce1000! I manage this ASA with ASDM, so it's Java based administration. By the way, I tried another OS and still have no luck. I believe this error is not tied to the client management software. It's must be somewhat under the hood. Maybe in the MySQL database or elsewhere. If this will help, ASA is 9.8.2.15 and ASDM is 9.8.2. Unfortunately, opening a TAC case is not an option this time.

- I tend to believe it could be ASDM related, but opinions may vary indeed; perhaps try another ASDM version (if time permits).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

matt.schmunk
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed I have the same problem this morning.  I noticed that my FirePower scheduled tasks were not running when I expected them to.  I then found that the time appears to be UTC instead of EST.  I clicked on System Policy to attempt to check the time synchronization settings and got the error "Invalid object type".

I'm sorry, but I did not find how to move topic to another corner, or simply delete. So I decided to create another one, in the Security management. I do apologize again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: